- Undemocratic Regime Types and Immunization Against Extremism
- “Democratisation or Repression?” The Role of Economic Clout
- Authoritarian Rule and Party System Fragmentation (with Elias Dinas and Ksenia Northmore-Ball)
- Rent-Seeking and Public Investment Choices (with André Azevedo Alves)
- Azevedo Alves, André, and Catarina Leão. “Controlo Democrático do Orçamento.” In Orçamento, Economia e Democracia: Uma Proposta de Arquitectura Institicional, edited by Abel Mateus, 271-296. Lisbon: Fundação Francisco Manuel dos Santos, 2018. PDF
Publication (non-peer reviewed)
- Leão, Catarina, “About Tradition in Karl Popper: Does a Popperian Open Society require a grounding in a Shared Tradition?”, Nova Cidadania, Spring 2014, no. 52.
Research Interests: Comparative politics, Political economy, Autocratic regimes, Socio-economic legacies, European politics, Quantitative methods, Textual analysis and Big Data methods applied to Politics.